Friday, February 10, 2017

What Inspires You??

Every single day, if I'm paying attention, there are so many things to inspire...

... sunshine poking through rain clouds
,,, a new handbag :-)
... a tearful reunion
... running up our town hill (and actually making it)
... Bush Pasture Park's ever changing landscape & the miracle of regeneration
... people sharing their dreams
... tenacity
... seeing another side of God.

So what does it mean...Inspired?

Dictionary.com says this,
"Aroused, animated, or imbued with the spirit to do something by or as if by supernatural or divine influence"

Today I'm particularly inspired by a book our youngest son Alex gave me for my recent birthday (thank you honey) called "The Magnolia Story" about Joanna & Chip Gaines of HGTV's design show, "Fixer Upper". (If you don't know who they are, you must not own a television -- and that's okay. But seriously you're missing some good design content!)

It's not your typical "rags to riches" story, but more the inspiring journey of how two ordinary people learned (and I suspect, are still learning) how to occupy the space they've been given and to take risks to follow the very unique dreams that God has put in their hearts. It's really exciting to see their story unfolding. I'm only on chapter 4, but this will be one of the few books that keeps my interest until the end...I'm loving it!

It couldn't have come at a better time either. Yesterday, I put action to my dreams and opened a booth at our local antique store in Mt Angel, The Blackbird Granary. I've always wanted to do it, so finally, I did! Am I scared? Yes! I'm still not sure what it's going to look like - or even exactly what I'm going to sell. I just know that my basement needs to be cleared out before we can move and that I love antiques...their beauty...the craftsmanship, the story each one tells. I love design and way a space can go from blah to beautiful when someone provides the inspiration. And I love to bring people joy & hope that somehow my little booth will provide that.

I'm following one of my dreams and it feels so good.

What inspires you??

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4 (my favorite Bible verse)

Love my new bag! Thanks B! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment